Central Valley Robotics provides many training opportunities and many learning opportunities for new and returning coaches.
FIRST Provided Trainings
While geared for new coaches, this extensive training module will help get you started in coaching for FIRST LEGO League, including step by step meeting modules: http://info.firstinspires.org/fll-first-steps-request
Diversity & Inclusion Training
This training helps coaches and volunteers become aware of Diversity and Inclusion best practices: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/training-equity-diversity-inclusion
Local Area Training Sessions by Central Valley Robotics
Central Valley Robotics provides training calls for coaches and team members to learn more about various topics and how to use certain tools in our region. We also provide more generic question and answer calls for new and returning coaches.
All training sessions can be found on the full calendar: Official Calendar of Events
Topic Training Sessions
These will be held online through GoToMeeting.
Our Coach Training Sessions are recommended to any coach who is interested in any of the following topics. All sessions will start at 6PM.
Topics and Dates are coming soon!
Formerly known as the Coach Seminars, these webinars allow CVR to provide updates to coaches and allow coaches to ask any questions about the program, event expectations, and more! These seminars will start in mid September and run every 3-4 weeks until November.
The dates for the Coach Webinars are: (all webinars start at 6PM)
Dates are coming soon!
Find more information on the full calendar: Official Calendar of Events
This section of the manual will be updated with links to join the calls, as well as links to recordings after each webinar.
Recordings and Downloads
All downloads and recordings can be found by clicking the session titles above or visit: Session Recordings and Downloads.
3rd Party Resources
*These resources have not been vetted by CVR but are available for your perusal*
LCats FIRST LEGO League Team
The award-winning LCats FIRST LEGO League team invites FIRST LEGO League teams to view their YouTube videos on EV3 programming and design. Through the videos they share their successful EV3 programs such as line following, PID control, turning, and Master program, along with their use of jigs, frame, and side-wheels.
LCats FIRST LEGO League YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0MSyyzVGRBa2GY54anW6iw
LCats web site: https://sites.google.com/site/lcatsfll/
- Advanced Line Follower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQOEZVnDms
- Simple PD Line Follower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDpZXF88kyc
- Straight Drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuSjoWUpAho&t=190s
- Turn-in-Place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwPbbBEHwA
- Simple Turn-in-Place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFqc-vZxu0o
- PID Control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMUOgJInYs
- Acceleration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otw5vG-CVOE
- Master Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWIE04kEuMk
- Jigs, Frame, and Side-wheels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee-cC6j6ios
- 2018 LCats 220 Point Into Orbit Robot Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjfo0vdEwxw
- 2018 LCats FIRST LEGO League Presentation to Judges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckncNH7XiPE
EV3Lessons provides a complete set of LEGO MINDSTORMS programming lessons for teams, teachers, and robotics enthusiasts. The tutorials are clear, to-the-point, and comprehensive, with something for every level of user.
This website is powered by FRC 8027 who are MINDSTORMS Community Partners, founders of EV3Lessons, and the 2018 World Festival Champion's award winners.