Teams must meet a set of criteria before they can register for an event. All official expos in our area are scheduled between the months of October - April.
Once a team has submitted all required forms (as listed on Managing Your Team Roster and Uploading Forms), the team will be eligible to register for a CVR Tournament. Teams will use MyCVR to register for events on a first come, first serve basis. To ensure that a team gets its desired date, we encourage all teams to get their forms in early and register as soon as registration opens. CVR may reserve some spots at later events for rookie teams or teams that complete national registration late in the season.
The official registration period for the Season will open on the date and time listed on the Season Dates and Deadlines page.
Requirements for Event Registration
- Teams must be registered in MyCVR
- Teams must have two screened coaches associated with their team in the FIRST Registration System
- Both screened coaches must be listed in MyCVR
- For all coaches on the roster, they must submit the Coach Agreement
- All Team Members (Coaches, students, mentors, etc) must submit a Consent and Release Form.
- All students must also be listed on the MyCVR roster. Teams must have more than two team members to meet the FIRST LEGO League Jr. Participation Rules.
- Rosters can change after registration and will lock once the team participates at an official event.
Payment Instructions and Restrictions
Event registration fees must be paid before attending the event. Events will only be able to accept Check or Money Orders from teams. Cash, Purchaser Orders, Credit Cards, etc. will not be accepted. Teams will receive formal payment instructions on their Registration Receipt from MyCVR. All fees for Qualifying Events will be due by the dates listed on the Season Dates and Deadlines page. Event Registration Fees are non-refundable once the payment has been processed.
Requesting Change of Tournaments
Once teams register for a event, they will not be able to change to another event, unless a team has extenuating circumstances. Registration is final once MyCVR assigns a team to an event. Requests to cancel or change a registration will be handled on a case-by-case basis at CVR’s discretion.